There is more and more astonishing research coming out every day, to do with the benefits of quinoa eating and the impact it can have on your health.
First of all, there are a number of downsides to conventional/popular grains. The best example of this is wheat.
In fact here is a good article discussing the many issues and risks
But to summarise, here are the main benefits of quinoa…
– High protein value (above 15%) and with a complete spectrum of proteins (amino acids)
– Complete Nutritional profile, including high fiber, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, and copper.
– Easy to grow, easy to cook. (Similar cooking procedure to rice)
– Good for your digestive system
– Source of calcium
– Suitable for gluten intolerant people and lactose intolerant (lactards)
– Detoxifying power
oh yeh, and it tastes great!
More details to come on the studies and findings.! when I get my paperwork together ;P